NCFDD Webinar: The Art of Saying No
July 8, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- This event has passed.
- Are you confused about when to say “yes” and “no” to other people’s requests?
- Do you often say “yes” to requests without realizing the impact that response will have on your time and productivity?
- Do you find yourself feeling angry and resentful during the academic year because you’ve said “yes” too often?
You’re not alone! Many faculty (pre and post-tenure) find it incredibly difficult to sort out when, why and how to say “NO.”
In this webinar, you will learn:
- The biggest mistakes faculty make in responding to requests
- How to identify and disrupt problematic patterns
- Our favorite strategies that you can implement immediately so you can add “no” to your vocabulary
Free Individual Memberships for the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD)
Available to all Cornell students, postdocs, faculty, and staff
Cornell is an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD), a nationally recognized, independent organization providing online career development and mentoring resources. The NCFDD provides members with access to tools to increase research and writing productivity and improve work-life balance.
Activate your account by following the steps below:
- Go to the NCFDD website
- Under “Select Your Institution,” choose “Cornell University”
- Select “Activate my Membership”
- Complete the registration form using your Cornell email address
- Check your Cornell email account to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click “Activate Account” in the email