The Graduate School offers student support and has a list of resources to assist students in finding help, becoming part of the community, experiencing Cornell, and fostering work-life balance while at Cornell.
See our Cornell Library Career Research Guide, jam-packed with useful tips to search for and connect with career and professional development skill building knowledge about a particular career path such as industry, non-profits, consulting, entrepreneurship, and more.
Pathways to Success, the Graduate School’s suite of professional development programming, is designed to help graduate and professional students and postdoctoral scholars be successful at Cornell and in their future careers. Pathways to Success focuses on academic, career, personal, and professional development through four primary categories: navigate academia, build your skills, create your plan, and prepare for your career.
There are several Graduate School offices that will help doctoral students and postdocs in these areas of development, including the offices of:
- Postdoctoral Studies
- Academic and Student Affairs
- Graduate Student Life
- Inclusion and Student Engagement
The Graduate School’s Careers Beyond Academia collaborates with other units on campus as well. We encourage participants to visit these units and view their programs and other offerings.
- Career Services is ready to review your resume and cover letters, conduct a mock interview, and link you via Handshake to employer job postings.
- Jobs and Internships allows you to search for positions relevant to your discipline.
- Entrepreneurship@Cornell Internship Program will match you with small entrepreneurial companies where you will get a broad array of experiences over a summer. See the eShip ecosystem map that indicates all entrepreneurial resources in one place.
- English Language Support Office supports international students’ specific needs for writing, presentations, and applications.
- Society for Humanities is an emerging hub for connecting everyone in the humanities.