Catalyzing Advocacy in Science and Engineering (CASE)
Interested in advocacy, policy, and science communication? Take two hours to learn from a packed agenda based on the AAAS Catalyzing Advocacy in Science & Engineering (CASE) workshop in this recorded webinar.
Designed for students in STEM fields with an interest in science policy, the webinar discusses the impact of COVID-19 on the federal R&D budget, academia and the research enterprise, and individual scientists. You will learn how best to communicate with Members of Congress and their staff on science funding, appropriations, and legislation during the pandemic.
CASE Webinar Agenda
- Welcome and intro by Joanne Carney, AAAS Director of Government Relations
- R&D Budgets under COVID-19 by Matt Hourihan, AAAS R&D Budget and Policy Program (an Ithaca College alum)
- COVID-19’s impact on universities by Tobin Smith, AAU Vice President for Policy
- Role of executive and legislative branches by Sean Gallagher, AAAS Senior Government Relations Officer
- Communicating Science & Engaging in policy: COVID-19 edition by Erin Heath, AAAS Associate Director of Government Relations
- Congressional meetings during the pandemic and Q&A with all speakers