IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program
The International Institute of Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) offers an extraordinary opportunity for PhD candidates to spend a summer doing independent, mentored research in a beautiful setting outside Vienna, Austria in its Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP). For U.S.-based students accepted to YSSP, the U.S. National Academy of Sciences provides funding for travel and living expenses for a limited number of fellowships.
Who should apply?
- You are an advanced doctoral student, ideally 1-2 years from PhD degree.
- Your field of study complements the policy relevant, global change-oriented research at IIASA.
- You are interested in interdisciplinary research.
- You would like to apply your research to global challenges facing society.
- Your research and career would benefit from working alongside 50 young scientists, as well as senior researchers, from around the world.
Application Deadline: January 12, 2024