2022 Three Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition
March 22 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
- This event has passed.
Three Minute Thesis (3MT) is a competition for doctoral students to develop and showcase their research communication skills.
The 2022 final round competition will be held on Tuesday, March 22, 2022. Register to attend and vote for the people’s choice award.
3MT challenges research degree students to present a compelling story on their dissertation or thesis and its significance in just three minutes, in language appropriate to a non-specialist audience. In addition to the first place and second place winners from among the finalists, audience members on March 22 will be asked to select a People’s Choice Award Winner.
The 2022 final round competitors are:
- Sebastian Diaz Angel – Ph.D. Candidate in History
- Fernanda Fontenele – Ph.D. Candidate in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Juliana González-Tobón – Ph.D. Candidate in Plant Pathology and Plant-Microbe Biology
- Shagun Gupta – Ph.D. Candidate in Computational Biology
- Andrew Legan – Ph.D. Candidate in Neurobiology and Behavior
- Yanle Lu – Ph.D. Candidate in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Vaibhav Sharma – Ph.D. Candidate in Physics
- Bruno Shirley – Ph.D. Candidate in Asian Literature, Religion and Culture