Climb to the Top of the Heap: Essential Job Application Best Practices
June 24, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- This event has passed.
Shared by a Ph.D. Hiring Manager
Free and open to the public-don’t miss this one! Josh Henkin has partnered with AAAS ScienceCareers to bring you a 60-minute webinar jam packed with the best advice on how to…
- Break down a job description so you can tailor your resume to the role
- Understand how to identify your unique skills and how to articulate your expertise and unique skills to employers
- Conduct not just basic, but “advanced” research and due diligence on the organizations you want to work for so you can excel in interviews and impress hiring managers with your knowledge
- Use LinkedIn to find internal advocates within organizations to get your application directly to the hiring manager and bypass the application portal that everyone else will use
Whether you’re looking for a job this moment or plan to a few years from now, don’t miss this free webinar on June 24th sponsored by AAAS ScienceCareers.
Feel free to share this opportunity with your network and register now for June 24, 2021; 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm ET.
Whether your job search has already started or is still a few years down the road, understanding how to read and interpret a position description is an essential skill. Accurate interpretation of a job description enables you to submit an application that is effectively tailored and targeted for the position of interest, thereby earning the rank of a top candidate for jobs in industry, academia, or the nonprofit sector.
In this webinar, you will learn how to:
- Break down a job description to identify the specific skills and attributes sought by the employer to create a tailored resume.
- Conduct timely and relevant “due diligence” about an organization and its industry to gain the knowledge necessary for drafting informed cover letters and having successful job interviews.
- Identify key individuals at an organization to network with towards learning about the company culture and gaining inside tips on the hiring process. When done effectively, this can lead to developing a relationship with an employee who will submit an application on your behalf, bypassing the online submission portal that all other candidates funnel through.
You won’t want to miss all these tips and tricks to get your application to the top of the pile and be fully prepared to impress the interview team for the next job you seek.
Josh Henkin, Ph.D.
STEM Career Services