Grants administration skills/career info
February 1 @ 8:00 am - February 2 @ 5:00 pm
- This event has passed.
Are you interested in program management, grants management or academic administration? This no-cost online event might be worth tuning in to learn more about NIH funding processes, policies and careers. Whether you are interested in a career in or beyond academia this is an event not to miss! The National Institutes of Health will host this virtual grants conference on February 1 and 2, 2023. You can view the agenda and register for the event here.
Explore the 2023 NIH Grants Conference agenda:
- 2-days of sessions designed to clarify the NIH grants process and policies, and share tips for grant writing and peer review
- 25 sessions for new administrators & new investigators on topics from pre- and post-award management to career paths
- the opportunity to engage with presenters, administrators, and managers through Q&A and chats with experts and mentors
Explore the 2-day agenda; once registered and logged into the conference site, you are free to view the on-demand library of related resources, and create your personal schedule!
The Exhibit Hall: encounter NIH staff and an abundance of resources located at our NIH Institute, Center, and Special Program booths. Take advantage of the 1:1 Meet the Experts which are 20-minute chats between attendees and NIH staff, designed for more specific research and administrative questions.
The conference is targeted to individuals new to NIH grants and/or looking to better understand the processes and policies behind NIH funding. During the event, experts will share policies, resources, guidance, and case studies. The keynote speaker will be Dr. Michael S. Lauer, NIH Deputy Director for Extramural Research.
- February 1 @ 8:00 am
- February 2 @ 5:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Careers Beyond Academia, Future Faculty and Academic Careers
- Event Tags:
- Careers Beyond Academia, Explore your career options, networking, professional development
- Virtual Session
- NY United States
- View Venue Website
- Careers - Non-Academic
- Focus Area
- Build Your Skills, Create Your Plan, Prepare For Your Career
- Transferable Skills
- Leadership & Management
Building an Entrepreneurial Mindset for PhDsMarch 22 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Financial Planning 101: How to Grow the Strongest FoundationMarch 23 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
Careers Beyond Academia Small Group DiscussionMarch 23 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm