Flagship Pioneering Fellowship info session
December 6, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- This event has passed.
Whether your goal is to pursue a career at the intersection of science and business, try something different, or gain exposure to Flagship’s world class network, the Fellows Program offers a unique set of desirable skills and experiences for your next step. Attend this info session hosted by Careers Beyond Academia to learn more about Flagship and its exciting fellowship programs.
Flagship is a venture capital firm dedicated to life science innovation. We perform our own R&D in the Flagship Labs, and we created over 100 companies (including Moderna) in the past 18 years. The Fellows Program is a 12-week paid fellowship sponsored over the summer at Flagship’s offices in Cambridge, MA. The fellowship is designed to be a unique opportunity to experience our approach to basic science, innovation, and venture creation and to learn from our talented team to apply this approach first-hand. We’re looking for amazing PhDs and postdocs who might be interested, and we’d love to see more folks from Cornell join us!
Over 160 graduates of the Fellows Program have gone onto exciting careers in life science, including:
- Science-centric roles at leading academic and research institutions, such as Stanford, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, the Broad Institute, Whitehead Institute, MIT, Koch Institute and the Chan Zuckerberg Biohub
- CEOs/Founders of their own companies and startups
- Consultants at leading firms such as Bain Consulting, McKinsey, and Boston Consulting Group
- Scientists and leaders in global biotech and pharmaceutical companies such as AstraZeneca, Alnylam and Biogen
- Investment professionals at venture firms
- Foundational, ground-level positions—such as Senior Scientist, Business Development, and Head of Research— at cutting-edge Flagship startups
- Positions within the Flagship Labs origination and innovation group
The session was recorded and is accessible via Video on Demand. Neither the introductions nor the question and answer period were recorded.
Flagship is an experiment in institutional, entrepreneurial innovation practiced in the context of a small company with an insurgent mindset. We are creative optimists and we would love for you to consider joining our team.