Transition to Research Independence: Funding and Grantsmanship
April 21, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- This event has passed.
Presented by The New York Academy of Sciences – Science Alliance
During this seminar, we will discuss grant writing strategies for the scientific community to have research independence.
You will learn about:
- Types of funding agencies (government and private)
- Types of private agencies (e.g. voluntary health organizations, professional societies, private foundations)
- Review criteria for fellowship applications
- Key components of fellowship applications
- Strategic approaches for competitive applications
- Common but overlooked mistakes made by new investigators
- Tips to increase your chances for success
Following the seminar, we will have a panel discussion with graduate students and postdocs who have successfully applied for various types of individual fellowships.
Keynote speaker: Dr. Jaime Rubin, Colombia University